Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wednesday Works

I noticed no change in color to the carnations when I used india ink to dye the water. I change the water and bought some black food coloring which seems to be working much better. Color began to show within about an hour in one of the flowers. The rest have been showing hints as I have been working in my studio for a few hours. They are oddly starting Green. I'm not sure if that's going to be the final color or just a stage. Time will tell. Green would work fine for my work though. By the time I left the studio three hours later, all flowers had dye showing.

One Hour


































Three Hours





















I also decided to make a GIF to connect the flowers to my show a tad more. I wanted another landscape piece to balance the water bottles at the ocean and to incorperate a flower GIF instead of just shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment