Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Personal Writings


Some of my written works from the last two weeks. 
Still in progress of revising.




The first day.

When I was small
I loved to frolic
and tease,
smile;
too glee.

“Weirdo,
Freak,
Alien”,
screams.

I was 5, 
I knew nothing
of why these words
stuck to me
like tape mending 
ripped paper
as the hands of tiny children
kept tearing away at it.



07  |  2007
Why?

The corners of the room
come closing in
as the darkness
ate the space.
Your whispers 
creep into me,
crawling slowly with each breath
feeling as if they are the tiny legs
of centipedes trickling into my ears.

“you can’t tell anyone
that I did this to you.”

Everything felt encased
in this darkness forever
while his hands forced me
on my back, screaming 
in my face, tearing
greedily at my neck.

Those words echoed in my mind;
sunk deeper into me, more
than the bee sting I felt 
earlier that day
from plucking red roses
that grew in my backyard.


My mind felt lost in this unending eternity,
fading  into the darkness.
what did he to do my mind?
what does this mean?
why are you so mean?


Because I wasn’t strong enough.



Even screaming
feels silent.

There are many days
days where the mind sinks
deep inside an endless hollow place.
The stroke of sadness sweeps
across  my body.

My fingers start to lose feeling
and the numbness begins
to take over
working up to my forehead,
then shooting directly through my stomach
pushing me down so I can’t
get up.
The life is also taken
from my legs,
and shortly after
my feet.

All I can do is scream
but, I can’t hear it.
All I want to do is feel
like nothing is real
and everything can go
back to being surreal.



14; Dumb. 

Being 14 is just weird
especially in the spring
when we switched from gym
to health class.

Everything is just awkward at 14.
When I was 14
my friend Lele had 
a boyfriend named Andrew.
Andrew would wait for us
outside our school
with his flip phone
and a stupid smirk on his face.
“Hi cutie” was his greet for her.
“Hey sexy” was his greet for mine.

I fucking hated him.

I knew he secrelty liked me more than her
He always did.

“Meet me at Village Park at 3.”
His eye contact was more...
disgusting today.
I said,
“Ok.”



Trust. 

Never trust a man
who first starts his conversation with
“you’re so beautiful”
because,
He will leave you
for someone else
who he calls beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment