Monday, March 19, 2018

Melting Snow

Another piece I experimented with. I am not in love with the alternating lighting in this piece because of the natural lighting. I lost power for eighteen hours and decided watching snow melt was a good use of the time. Snow is also a frozen form of water and I was curious how ink would move through the snow over time and as the snow melted. I am going to attempt this again but possibly in the studio with controlled lighting. The piece represents global warming with the melting of the ice caps and the rising of the water being sea level. The ink contrasts against the white showing polution and pure nature. The reverse in the GIF shows how nature will win and regrow or how humans can change their actions and reverse these effects.




















I also decided against the circle pin idea. It was to display a pin I have but the shape doesn't fit in with the portrait layout I have been photographing so I reshot to match my other pieces. The photos have been taken. To GIF mode now.


No comments:

Post a Comment