Thursday, March 1, 2018

More Photos

More photos I'm considering using. Currently running into a bit of a snag trying to figure out how I want to put everything I've collected (writing, photos, etc.) and things I enjoy (writing, screen print, minimalistic design, etc.) together for both myself, in order to have a body of coherent work, and so that I also have work for the upcoming show that makes sense together on the wall. I'd still like to do a book, to incorporate a good portion of the text I've created, with the possibility of selling it at the show, but I want to do more and can't quite figure out what to add yet. I'd really like to bring screen printing back into my thesis work, but I'm not sure how to incorporate it with what I have currently. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, even if it's just to say to focus on what I have for now, as that is always an option as well. I'm also thinking about ways to play with the visibility of what I've written for the show, as I'm comfortable having it in a book, due to it being a more intimate, one on one type of experience, but for anything more publicly visible in the gallery, I'd rather it have an element of obscurity to it so it's not quite so boldly out there. I've considered maybe layering post its so they are hard to read in their entirety, or playing with thin or transparent papers layered over each other such as kozo paper, acetate, or yupo paper if it can be backlit. Not sure if it would work, but it might bring an interesting interactive aspect to the work as the viewer would have to either interact with the piece itself or at the very least get up close and pay more attention to it if they wanted to find the more vulnerable writing obscured by these other elements.



















No comments:

Post a Comment