Wednesday, March 21, 2018

More design ideas

Based on the interest in the alien head design that was on one of the book layout pages, I decided to play with some previous and current imagery in a similar way to see how it would look. I think these are pretty interesting, and I think I might order some as stickers to sell at the show. These could be done as either screen prints or digital prints for the show, though I'm not sure if I'd want to do a series like this or keep it to only one or two combined with the photos and other imagery I have from this semester. If I do a series, screen printing would be a pretty easy way to go about it while incorporating the medium I prefer to work with. I've also been thinking about it and wondering if I should spend these next few weeks prior to the show focusing more on bringing my older ideas together with my current work for the show rather than working on a book, since I find the challenge of integrating the two ideas in a way that both looks good and makes sense more interesting than the book I had been toying around with last week, as I think it would be a better use of my time and would make my show wall feel less like "this, that, and the other thing" and more like an overview of what I've been working on for the last year without coming across like a yard sale of varying ideas and mediums which is how it feels to me at the moment and has been frustrating me for the past few weeks as the show draws closer. Also I could experiment with some of the other alien head shapes I had created for last semester, I just used this one initially since it's easily recognizable and I wanted to see how they would look if they were all based on the same shape.


The alien head from the book page in case anyone wanted a closer look at the details

The photo manipulation from earlier this week with the added u.f.o.
Based on a piece I was working on earlier this year for another class


Another photo manipulation - I kept the eyes more subtle in this one
Playing with another design - I like the gradient effect on the eyes in this one




No comments:

Post a Comment