Wednesday, March 28, 2018

So, A Few Things

Thing 1: I finished my 12th drawing, which I think is a good number for this collection.



Thing 2: I named all my pieces words that relate to beauty culture and the makeup industry.

Overdraw (blue lipstick)
Blinding (fan brush)
Bake (concealer)
Contour (rose gold brush)
Highlight (fluffy brush)
Beat (foundation)
Wispy (Gold Mascara)
Matte (gold/purple lipstick)
Snatched (Pink lipgloss)
Voluminous (silver mascara)
Fleek (eyelash curler)
Smoky (Eyeshadow)

Thing 3: I've started the design of my personal show cards. I'm not sure what info has to be on it. Event info? Project info (statement)?





Thing 4: I wrote my thesis statement and will probably tweak some language.

"A drawing series advocating for the freedom to paint your face."

Those who beat their faces on the daily may use these products to build confidence and express their creativity and are no strangers to the words conceded, selfish, fake, and plastic. The truth is, those who choose to wear makeup do for no one other than themselves. Attempting to impress other people isn't interesting. Most people don’t wear makeup to look “natural,” there’s nothing wrong with wanting to look a little plastic and feel a little vain. The word plastic may be responded to with a thank you. This project embraces the creativity and power makeup provides to look and feel any way, every day. This is unapologetically all about you.

This drawing series, drawn entirely with makeup products, displays the tools that represent creativity and confidence; The power tools. What can’t makeup do? The limit does not exist. These are the products that cause worship and wars over the internet and give the power to face anything the day brings with the most snatched face forward.


Thing 5: I did a test with the wall standoffs and I really like the way they look. There will bee a sheet of white mattboard behind the acetate, slightly not touching it so the shadow is visible. I'm still weary about putting holes, but we'll see.




Thing 6: I did more texting of that side piece I haven't mentioned in a while of cutting "PLASTIC" from lipsticks.



Thing 7: I'm planning on making prints available for the show and am deciding the best way to go about this. Scanning vs. Photographing. Doing this myself vs. having it done. Possibly trying to figure out how to use the illustration printer here because I know people in the past have used it for prints. I'm going to select maybe 5-6 pieces for prints and have a number of each made. That exact number I don't know just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment