Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Collecting Photos

Spent the past weekend collecting an assortment of photos, next will be narrowing down to the best of them and editing them, overlaying text, etc. I'm also in the process of editing my writing with help from Erin Dionne and narrowing it down to more concise narratives, which I should have some of for Thursday to look at, either directly on the blog or via a shared google doc again. Below are some of the photos I found more interesting out of the bunch that I took, as well as a contact sheet showing some of the others I'm still considering including, but need to be worked on more, or replaced with better photos to better get my point and mood across. Still debating if I want to do solely photos with text, or if I want to still include illustrations/hand drawn work, whether it be incorporated into the photos themselves or if the books had a mixed variety of photo and drawing across the pages. With illustrations or hand drawing, I feel it could lead into a nice series of images I could screenprint and hang at the show, with one image for each of the main themes of the book (if I do one book) or for each book (if I separate them into individual stories based on theme/mood). This is something I'll keep thinking on as I head into the next stages of putting drafts of the book(s) together.






















No comments:

Post a Comment