Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Update

 Basically I've been looking into gaining information on the school's original blueprints to try and find some way to give more reason for my photos. In my search I was allowed access to the historical section and I found some interesting bits of information of beverly but finding info directly on the hardie building seems to be allusive. I've also have been working with tinker clad a 3d programing website. With these I've been playing around with the idea of using 3d prints as a way of showing the cracks in the walls from a new perspective.  In trying to translate more accurate versions of the cracks in the walls I took the photos I had taken and image traced them. I have been cleaning the vectorized images to bring them into tinker clad. Another direction I could go with the vectors is to vinyl cut them and place them in spots that would be more visible to people who wouldn't see them otherwise.
























1 comment:

  1. for the elusive blueprints of the Hardie building, try Beverly Public Schools.
    of course, blueprints/drawings may no longer exist – that would be surprising, however – and you may not need them for your work.

    I like the idea of a sampling of the building's scars, arranged on the gallery wall, each with a number keyed to explanation (on a separate document?)

    a celebration of scars, of that which goes unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete