Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Happy-ish



"Will I ever be happy? What does it mean to be happy? Is happy just a feeling or is it a state of being? Maybe it's just being able to get out of bed in the morning. I mean, sometimes I just have moments where I'm satisfied by some thing, or ... I see something that makes me feel wholesome. But, is that the same as happy? If we're always pursuing happiness, does that leave time for anything else? What's the difference between that and being addicted and chasing your next high? I mean, isn't that kind of messed up? We're always constantly pursuing knowing that we're never going to be able to hold onto it forever, but constantly trying to anyways."
- Happy-ish (2018)

People who spend their entire life trying to be happy, do they look back and see wasted time? I don't think life is about always being happy. Always being comfortable and relaxed. Who would want to be locked into a content state of mind? Sometimes the appropriate response is to suffer. If you were happy you were robbed, would you figure out how to put a lock on your door? No, you fucking wouldn't.

--
In editing is a series of short skits. More to be discovered soon. The project, content wise, is developing. Thankfully not stagnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment