Monday, February 12, 2018

Photos/Type

I experimented a little bit with placing type onto the photos, I don't see this as a direction to go. Maybe addressing the direct changes that happened in the building could be another method. Looking at the old schematics of the hardie building compared to the new schematics that exist and marking where the building has cracked apart. 

I tried one set in universe, another in bell gothic std and a experimental one I took from my sketch book that I lived traced.









1 comment:

  1. "I don't see this as a direction to go"

    what does that mean?
    are you rejecting type on the images, for purely formal reasons?
    that you don't like it?

    is that sufficent reason?

    what role would language play, in relationship with these photographs, in the first place?
    what language?
    philosophical?
    historical (e.g., names of people?)
    technical (e.g., locations, measurements?)

    step back and think about these issues. what are your concerns with this work?
    does this work have a title?

    ReplyDelete